To provide an environment where participants can enjoy their hockey and interact socially with team mates and the wider community. The individuals in these teams will have a passionate, deep understanding of all aspects of hockey (individual and team skills) and a strong commitment and culture to do what it takes to produce sustained success in sport at this level.
- Provide quality training involving development of individual and team skills
- Provide an environment that enables and encourages players to earn selection into Regional and Provincial teams
- Develop team leadership and mentor programs
- Develop short and long term team goals, team rules and a positive team culture (involving sportsmanship, respect for others, commitment, etc)
- Establish regular coaching, player and team reviews to reflect on what works and where improvements should be made
- Encourage coaches to undertake coach education opportunities so they continually strive to be the best coaches possible
- Establish a source of resources (financial, personnel) to fund and support coaches and player performance and training