SWIMRITE is a nationwide swimming program for children, introducing and teaching skills needed for confident and competent participation in all water activities. The ability to swim is a very important part of a child’s development, not only for the enjoyment that it brings, but to ensure their safety.
The SWIMRITE swimming course is a unique way of teaching swimming. It is designed to teach beginners, intermediate and advanced swimmers.
Our teachers create a fun-filled class using specialized equipment and the teaching method is one of reassuring and encouragement, thereby eliminating the intimidating effect of not knowing how to swim. Our aim is to teach children to swim and to develop a love for water. SWIMRITE is for all children, regardless of existing ability.
SWIMRITE LEVELS COACHED AT THE SCHOOL ARE:
- BEGINNER LEVEL: introduces the pupil to water and his new learning environment.
We only take two pupils per instructor in this level.
- LEVEL ONE: is for the beginner swimmer, introducing confidence and safety skills.
- LEVEL TWO: teaches the pupil the very basic techniques of Freestyle and Backstroke.
We take up to 3 pupils per instructor in level two.
ADVANTAGES OF SWIMRITE:
We are part of the KIDINME Group and therefore have large company backup. All teachers receive intense theoretical and practical training. There are hundreds of swimming schools throughout the country but SWIMRITE is unique and special in the following ways:
- Beginners are taught in small classes.
- Pupils get the maximum amount of attention and progress faster.
- The beginner level is designed to teach children through playful activities, building confidence in water. The nervous child therefore suffers a minimum amount of trauma and in most cases even the most nervous child will have settled down after his first lesson and will actually enjoy his lessons.
CLASSES & SIGNING UP:
At Kenridge Primary school we are contracted to coach Learn to swim only. Our lessons run Mondays & Fridays in 15min timeslots from 12:30 – 15:30.
Because the instructor is in the water with the pupils we only swim in term 1.
Bookings can be made by emailing Bronwen Gildenhuys: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the school’s menu form for the fee structure.